The evolution of coffee capsules: coffee in single portions.
– Flow pads (e.g. Tassimo)
– Aluminum capsules from Nepresso = weight 10 pieces / 10 g
– Plastic capsules PE / PP without oxygen barrier = weight 10 pieces / 22 g
– Plastic capsules PBT or 3-layer foils for deep drawing with EVOH oxygen barrier = weight for 10 pieces = 20 g
– Bio-plastics based on PLA (from plants, maize or other organic extracts such as lignin) = weight of plastic = 10 pieces. 25 g
– Paper capsules made from cellulose (world first) 100% biodegradable very quickly. No oxygen barrier but for the oxygen barrier will be used a fresh food bag. Weight of the bag for 10 PAPERCAPZ © approx. 3.5 g
Weight of PAPERCAPZ © for 10 pieces / 15-18 g fully bio-compostable. High quality humus and in combinding with coffee powder also an excellent fertilizer!
PAPERCAPZ © prevent plastic waste for approx. 85 %